This easy slow-cooker kalua pork recipe contains just three ingredients, and it’s sooooo good! You’ll be amazed at the amount of flavor you get just from pork roast, salt, and liquid smoke.
You can use the pork in so many recipes: meal prep bowls (recipe coming later this week), tacos, burrito bowls, salads, sandwiches. Pretty much anywhere!
I have made a similar recipe several times before with good results. Then, a friend/co-worker who grew up in Hawaii confirmed that she makes it this way too. So I played with it a little bit to get a combination of salt and liquid smoke that I liked. So easy and so delicious!
Try it! You’ll be hooked on easy three-ingredient slow-cooker kalua pork too!
The method? Simple. This will be a short post!
Place a 3 to 4 pound pork shoulder roast in the slow cooker. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Hawaiian salt. Sea salt or kosher salt would work too.
Drizzle 2 tablespoons of liquid smoke on top and drop the lid on. That’s it! You’re done!
Let the roast cook for 16 hours on low or 8 hours on high. I prefer the longer, low heat method, but you’ll get similar results with both. It’ll be fall apart tender, and your house will smell delicious!
The Recipe: Three Ingredient Slow-Cooker Kalua Pork
- 3-4 lb pork shoulder roast
- 2 tbsp Hawaiian salt (or use sea or kosher salt)
- 2 tbsp liquid smoke
- Place roast in slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and drizzle liquid smoke on top.
- Cook on high 8 hours or low for 16 hours.
- Remove roast from slow cooker and place on a plate. Leave juice in slow cooker. Shred the meat, removing any fat and bones that you can. Return shredded meat to the juice to serve and store.
Note: Do not add liquid to slow cooker.