Blueberry oat cookies are great for breakfast or a snack. They’re made with healthy ingredients like honey, blueberries, and oats. And they’re quick to assemble and bake.
They freeze well and are easy to grab out of the freezer to take to work for breakfast. But you could also grab them as a sweet snack or as fuel for a hike.
To get started, place oats and walnuts in food processor and process for about a minute until it has a grainy texture that still has some larger chunks of oats.
Add oat mixture to a medium bowl and add remaining ingredients. Stir well.
Wet your hands and form mixture into balls about 2 tablespoons in size. It will be sticky. You may need to wet your hands several times while working.
Place the balls on a large ungreased baking sheet. Flatten each cookie slightly with the palm of your hand.
The Recipe: Quick and Easy Blueberry Oat Breakfast Cookies
- 1 ½ c. oats (gluten-free if needed)
- ½ c. raw walnuts
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ c. honey
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 egg white
- ⅓ c. dried blueberries
- 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toast walnuts about 5 minutes until they start to turn golden.
- Place oats, walnuts, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor. Process until crumbly in texture, about a minute.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Wet your hands and form balls of approximately 2 tbsp. You may need to wet your hands a few times as you work.
- Place balls on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes until edges are starting to turn brown.
- Let cool at least 5 minutes on cookie sheet.